UKC

Northumberland - camping / similar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ramblin dave 05 Jul 2016

I'm looking at a trip up to Northumberland with my girlfriend over summer for some light touristing, relaxing, maybe some walking and maybe some climbing.

Can anyone recommend nice campsites or other cheap accommodation options (camping pods, bunk barns etc)? Nice locations and good views would be a bonus, a good pub withing walking distance is essential. We're generally looking at the North Eastern chunk of the county, for the mix of coast, moorland, historic stuff and climbing, but other than that we don't have anywhere specific in mind.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Post edited at 14:16
 mp3ferret 05 Jul 2016
In reply to Ramblin dave:

I'd look around the rothbury/woller areas. Loads of great countryside,/limbing, near the coast, and camping/barns/pubs available at both locations.

Marc
OP Ramblin dave 05 Jul 2016
In reply to mp3ferret:
Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone who'd been there had any specific recommendations, though.
Post edited at 18:41
 spenser 05 Jul 2016
In reply to Ramblin dave:

Blue Bell Farm has a camping barn and a campsite in Belford which is good for climbing and beaching.
There is a YHA in Wooler, I have previously camped on the grass outside there before, however this was as part of a large group so not sure if they would let you. I think there is also High House in Wooler which I stayed at a few years ago, the camping was VERY expensive from what I remember.
Beadnell has a nice campsite near the sea for beaching, not too far a drive to some of the northern crags.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...