UKC

Life jacket to borrow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dmacmorris 06 Jul 2016
Hello all,

I find myself asking for a strange request but would appreciate if someone can help.

So am travel to Orkney for a climbing trip and was hoping someone had a life jacket to borrow?
I am not a strong swimmer and would like to take a life jacket as a precaution for some of the sea tyroleans just incase.

Will be based in the Glasgow area so happy to pick up near by or pay for postage.

If anyone can help please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks for reading
Dave
 stella1 06 Jul 2016
In reply to dmacmorris:

If i was local I would be willing to lend you one. You might just be best buying one. I think decathlon do a life jacket for about £15.
 Toerag 06 Jul 2016
In reply to dmacmorris:

What you need is a buoyancy aid - lifejackets are incredibly difficult to swim in, mainly because they try to turn you on your back. A buoyancy aid will have 50N of buoyancy (5 kilos), a lifejacket will have 150-275 depending on model.
 marsbar 06 Jul 2016
In reply to dmacmorris:

Send me your address, I have a spare that's taking up space.
 Sealwife 06 Jul 2016
In reply to dmacmorris:

Dave, I live in Orkney and have a spare buoyancy aid hanging around somewhere. I could lend you that if you like. I'll likely be away from home from Monday afternoon until late Tuesday afternoon next week, but should be about the rest of the time. Give me a shout if you haven't got anything else sorted out beforehand.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...