UKC

Alpkit - MytiStax

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan M 09 Jul 2016
Hi,

Looking for a more flexible cooking solution for camping and wild camping/bivvying etc. Used a Jetboil for years now and fed up with the inflexibility in terms of cooking options.

I am wondering if there is enough space inside the Alpkit MytiStax for a small gas canister and stove?

If not can anyone suggest a similar set up that is around the same price and no heavier than 272g (weight of complete Mytistax ideally less). The new system needs to be able to store the gas and stove within in it.

Thanks

london_huddy 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Alan M:

Not sure about the MytiStax but this is the best £7.38 you'll spend - mine has done around 20 nights in the last couple of years and is going strong! 25g quoted. Combined with a Ti mug and windshield, it's a pretty light option.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-Portable-Ultralight-Titanium-Alloy-Gas-Stove-Cooker-Burner-Useful-25g-BG-/331863741045?hash=item4d449ed275:g:wK4AAOSwZ8ZW3Uab
OP Alan M 10 Jul 2016
In reply to london_huddy:
> Not sure about the MytiStax but this is the best £7.38 you'll spend - mine has done around 20 nights in the last couple of years and is going strong! 25g quoted. Combined with a Ti mug and windshield, it's a pretty light option.

> ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-Portable-Ultralight-Titanium-Alloy-Gas-Stove-Cooker-Burner-Useful-25g-BG-/331863741045?hash=item4d449ed275:g:wK4AAOSwZ8ZW3Uab

Will check that out, I have an old MSR pocket rocket (somewhere) but that 7 quid option looks smaller and lighter. Just need to work out the best pan options will also consider the MyTi mug and a seperate lightweight pan.
Post edited at 09:22
 angry pirate 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Alan M:

A mate bought a set of mytistax last year and has been really chuffed with it. (I went the other way and bought a brukit) He uses his on a kraku stove which I think fits inside. I'll ask him.
OP Alan M 10 Jul 2016
In reply to angry pirate:

Thanks that would be appreciated.
 angry pirate 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Alan M:
His reply: "yup, (stove and gas) fits sweet, plus enough room for flint, lighter etc. If you thought it through could fit a few tea bags as well!"
His stove is the alpkit Koro, rather than the kraku.
Hope this helps!
Post edited at 14:19
OP Alan M 10 Jul 2016
In reply to angry pirate:

> His reply: "yup, (stove and gas) fits sweet, plus enough room for flint, lighter etc. If you thought it through could fit a few tea bags as well!"

> His stove is the alpkit Koro, rather than the kraku.

> Hope this helps!

Thanks that is a great help.
 london_huddy 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Alan M:

It's so light and compact that you (and anyone else wanting a 25g stove really should just spend the £7.38. I'm not expecting it to last very long so I save it for light and fast trips but it's not let me down yet!
OP Alan M 10 Jul 2016
In reply to london_huddy:
> It's so light and compact that you (and anyone else wanting a 25g stove really should just spend the £7.38. I'm not expecting it to last very long so I save it for light and fast trips but it's not let me down yet!

You have convinced me I have just ordered one. Got a 2 night trip sorted for next month so will give it a run out then.
Post edited at 21:08
 london_huddy 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Alan M:

A good decision! The only thing to be aware of is that when the control knob is in the position for storage, it's not fully off so make sure that when attaching the cylinder, the control is totally closed. That, and the fact that you need to screw the cylinder on quickly to avoid drips.

But, it's less that £7.50 and it's light as sin.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...