UKC

Weather forecast app for android

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Afternoon all.

I'm after recommendations for a weather forecast app for android. As with everyone, I want the moon on a stick: something that's accurate with both forecast and (UK) location, that's free, that has ads that aren't too intrusive or not there at all, and so on.

I have used the BBC weather app for many years and in theory it matches what I want; in practice, I'm finding it less accurate than it once was and with forecasts that seem to change every couple of hours. So, any other recommendations anyone?

Ta muchly.

T.
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Metoffice app
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

That's a proper 'D'oh!' moment. In my defence, my first seach for such an app brought up something authored by a chap called Leon Calcutt so I thought perhaps there wasn't such a thing, just third party apps using Met Office data.

The fact that the proper Met Office app isn't compatible with my tablet is a secondary issue, but it's now sitting happily on my phone.

Sheesh, what am I like, I'd be dangerous if I had a working brain, etc.

T.
 Ridge 10 Jul 2016

The Rain Alarm app is also good. Gives real time weather radar information, so you can see how the rain is tracking across the UK.
 sxrxg 10 Jul 2016

I use a selection. Metoffice app and the Yr.no app for forecasts. Also the raintoday app which is a good rain radar for checking out what is happening on the day.
oggi 10 Jul 2016

All of the basic forecasts are done by computer and never touched by human hand. The best for the mountains is the Mountain Weather Information Service and this is done by a former Met Office employee. This is the one used by most folks who work in the hills.

http://www.mwis.org.uk/

Works fine on an android phone.

Doug
 Route Adjuster 10 Jul 2016

yr.no is very good, lots of locations, lots of data and seems to be very accurate.
 Luke90 10 Jul 2016

I've never been all that impressed by the accuracy of the MetOffice app and the UI is a car crash.

As others have said, it's useful to have a variety of apps from different sources, but my number one choice is always yr.no
In reply to everyone:

Thanks everyone, lots to go at there.

I bet I still get caught in the odd shower though...

T.
 radddogg 11 Jul 2016

I use the Google weather app, its been very accurate in the 6 weeks or so I've been using it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...