UKC

Rab MeCo baselayer sizing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Yonder 12 Jul 2016
Thinking of investing in a Rab MeCo 165 zip neck top. But I just wanted to ask how Rab's sizing is in these shirts - I've heard they can run a little small for the stated sizes and, as fit is important with baselayers I thought I'd better check it out. Anyone have experience?
In reply to Blue Yonder: Can't really comment much other than to say that I am size small in most stuff and the RAB Meco T-shirts (which are great although a bit pricey) are no exception.
 thedatastream 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Blue Yonder:

Its an athletic cut like most Rab stuff, good if you are longer and leaner. The medium is spot on.
 Tall Clare 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Blue Yonder:

If the women's are anything to go by, they're athletic cut with decent length and sleeves - the thumb loops on my hoody are actually useful rather than being somewhere round my wrists.
 beh 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Blue Yonder:

As others have said, an "athletic" fit but still a good length in the sleeves (and overall) which is handy if you're tall/slim.
OP Blue Yonder 13 Jul 2016
Slim yes, tall no, but I like extra length on baselayers - like with my R1 Hoody it works better with a harness and I like the extra warmth. Which weight of MeCo do you go for - I was thinking the 165 top for cool autumn weather but perhaps that's overkill and the 140 would suffice. As I say, I've got the R1 for extra warmth and also a down pullover.

Jim Walton 13 Jul 2016
In reply to Blue Yonder:

I'm 5'10" 12 stone and normal build (34" waist) - i'm a size large in all Rab kit.
OP Blue Yonder 13 Jul 2016
In reply to Jim Walton:

That might make me a medium then Jim.
 beh 14 Jul 2016
In reply to Blue Yonder:

I'm size small in both an R1 hoody and meco 120 LS, although not so much stretch in the latter.

Most online places have free returns so no harm in ordering both sizes to try perhaps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...