UKC

Which wall for a four year old?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lynsety 13 Jul 2016
Hi,

I'm planning on taking my little girl to a climbing wall while we're away at her grandparents. I don't know what the walls are like anymore as not lived here for a long time.

We have a choice of Harrogate, Newton Aycliffe or Leeds or any others in that area that I don't know about!!??

She's been once before but sure it won't be the longest visit!!

Any opinions/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Lynsey.
In reply to Lynsety:

Hi Lynsety

I often climb at Harrogate on a weekend if it's wet out. The place seems really popular with young kids, there is always kids parties going on. There's plenty of low top rope routes, so plenty for them to be going at. They also have 2 walls with auto belays, which are also popular with the young kids (as well any other age/ability range as the routes currently go up to 7B).

The staff are really friendly, although this seems pretty typical of climbing gyms in my experence, and the cafe is really good as well.

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!
 mwr72 13 Jul 2016
In reply to Lynsety:

Ive taken my four y/o to The Leeds Wall (she was harnessed up and climbing the "A" frame slab to the top at 2 y/o.
We've been to a fair few walls and the main problem is the hold spacings.
We found The Climbing Lab the best by far for toddlers as they have a "kiddies" room in the back corner, They also have really friendly staff who think it's great for the toddlers to climb.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...