UKC

Kinder - how wet underfoot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 duchessofmalfi 13 Jul 2016
Anyone been up on Kinder in the last week?

I'm up there tomorrow and wondered how wet underfoot it is at the moment?

[guessing pretty wet but not spectacularly wet, the downfall running well]
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

Can I second the above question .

I'm thinking of doing the Kinder edges this weekend and would also like to know what its like up there.

TS
 L.A. 13 Jul 2016
Had a walk up there this morning (Hayfield up to Sandy Heys, Downfall and back down via Red Brook ) given how much rain theres been lately the tracks are in remarkably good state, a few puddles + mud in places but nothing much. Drying out quickly between the showers. Downfall flowing, but again not as much as might have been imagined (and no its not in condition !)
Im not masochistic enough to have tested how deep the groughs are but the paths are fine.
For those approaching via Hayfield on Saturday,its the music festival so parking may be more limited.
Post edited at 13:32
 Jim Walton 13 Jul 2016

I was up on the Easten side of the plateau on Sunday. We went from Blackden Brook up to point 590m across the middle of the moor and then down Crookstone Knoll. It was surprisingly dry under foot. There are obviously patches where you have to detour around wet areas but you are only looking at 20m detours at max.

The path round the edge of the moor looked wet in places but nothing that I would not expect on a moorland path. Few photo's on my Jim Walton MIA FB page.
Jim / L.A.

Thanks, that is really useful!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...