UKC

Aosta Valley Suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ash Routen 13 Jul 2016
I have just booked 10 days in Aosta for a holiday with my girlfriend. We're looking to fit in at least four day hikes/summits into that period and am looking for suggested trails/peaks.

We'd like to have at least one walk in the Chamonix, Gran Paradiso, and Monte Rosa areas.

At the moment we are looking at:

- Chamonix to Mer de Glace, and potter around visiting ice caves etc.
- Becca di Nonna near Aosta. Looks like a straightforward lower level peak.
- Peaks around 25000m near Gressoney.

To cater for both our skills/equipment we are looking at roues/peaks that involve walking primarily, but a little easy scrambling would be okay.

Would very much appreciate any recommendations from folks who know the respective areas.
altirando 13 Jul 2016
In reply to gtwd14:

Surely you are going to climb the Gran Paradiso, the second easiest 4000m peak in the alps? I strolled up with my teenage daughter many years ago. Saw people up there with very basic gear. Pleasant walk just up to the refuge.
altirando 13 Jul 2016
In reply to gtwd14:
OH, Chamonix. Has to be the famous balcony trail, accessed via cable car. Plus perhaps a walk up Mont Buet.
OP Ash Routen 14 Jul 2016
In reply to altirando:

I would love to, but whilst I have sufficient gear and skills to do so, my partner doesn't. Can you recommend any lower subsidiary peaks?
OP Ash Routen 14 Jul 2016
In reply to altirando:

Thanks Altirando. The Balcony trail looks superb, with fantastic views to be had. Does Buet include some sections of via ferrata?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...