UKC

Satirist strike blamed on new government appointments!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nigel baker 14 Jul 2016
With the appointment of Boris Johnson, satirists are accusing the Conservatives of an increased workload of up to 50%!!
Ian Hislop's contract with 'Have I got news for you ' has been secured until the next general election!!..........and of course sales of Private Eye are set to go through the roof!!!
What's going on????
 john arran 14 Jul 2016
In reply to nigel baker:

It gets worse:: you can now only get punctuation in multi-packs!!!
Clauso 14 Jul 2016
In reply to john arran:

> It gets worse:: you can now only get punctuation in multi-packs!!!

Buy one, get two free!!!
 Neil Williams 14 Jul 2016
In reply to nigel baker:

I subscribed to Private Eye at exactly the right time, I think.
 DerwentDiluted 14 Jul 2016
In reply to nigel baker:
> With the appointment of Boris Johnson, satirists are accusing the Conservatives of an increased workload of up to 50%!!

The satirists are surely having their work done for them? I'd never credited TM with a sense of humour, but some of these appointments are pure comedy, its like a famous Torquay hotel all over again, how long before Boris is beating his car with a sapling and trying hard to not mention the war?
Post edited at 17:30
 Doug 14 Jul 2016
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

"Boris Johnson appartient à une espèce hélas inexistante en France. Le maire de Londres, également député conservateur, est un adepte de la politique façon Monty Python" (Le Monde, late last year)
 Trevers 14 Jul 2016
In reply to nigel baker:

Apparently Boris Johnson's appointment was all a terrible mistake. Theresa May wrote "F. Off." next to his name and a civil servant misinterpreted it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...