UKC

Ideas on gear for a custom clothesline system

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nikita_UKC 15 Jul 2016

Basically I live in a second floor apartment and need to have a set of items on hangers delivered to ground level through a pulley clothes/washing line type systen.

Ideally I would like all items hanging from the clothesline to automatically go inside the flat(through the window) when operated from outdoors(ground level).

Essentially the clothesline needs to travel 2m horizontally in the flat before exiting the window opening and then a horizontal and vertical drop in height to the tree outside so the clothes line can be reached with arms...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gREQ2IsgDZckZpLXZJWmhlLVU

Any ideas?

Regards,
Nikita
 JamieAyres 15 Jul 2016
In reply to Nikita_UKC:

The crux is on the second pitch and the gear's not great either
 FactorXXX 15 Jul 2016
In reply to Nikita_UKC:

What's the ethics on using pegs?
In reply to Nikita_UKC:

Ok so build an equalised anchor out of loads of those sticky wall-friendly strips above the window and attach a DMM revolver or pulley to reduce friction on this point. Build your anchor indoors and at the tree and then attach a big loop of 5mm cord so you can pull it around. Ideally something in the system like a mini traxion will mean you won't hold all the weight whilst hauling. Then add tiny little loops of 2mm cord that won't affect the running of the rope that you can attach hangers too.
 john arran 15 Jul 2016
In reply to FactorXXX:

> What's the ethics on using pegs?

Would you be happy to lower off a single hanger?
 zimpara 15 Jul 2016
In reply to john arran:

> Would you be happy to lower off a single hanger?

Or back to back the hangers?
 Greasy Prusiks 15 Jul 2016
In reply to john arran:

I'm wouldn't rely on the in situ (clothes) pegs.
 zimpara 15 Jul 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

They may inspire the required confidence though
 Timmd 16 Jul 2016
In reply to Nikita_UKC:
If it was me I think I'd put up a clothes line outside and walk downstairs and hang them up and take them down like that. Interesting project but mind bogglingly complicated.
Post edited at 01:21

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...