UKC

Laptop to laptop transfer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 arch 16 Jul 2016
My old laptop has had it. A new one is on its way. I'm only a browser and don't need a laptop for word processing, bar the odd letter and e-mail. Is there any way of transferring all my stuff (Favorites, photos, and the odd saved file, internet stuff) from my old laptop to the new one via a cable or similar ??

Thanks.
 BnB 16 Jul 2016
In reply to arch:

The easiest way will be via USB stick for about £5

1. Buy USB stick
2. Transfer all files from laptop A to USB stick
3. Transfer all files from USB stick to laptop B

Job done. And you'll have a backup of your files to boot (pun not intended).
OP arch 16 Jul 2016
In reply to BnB:

Thanks.

I've got a external hard drive, I can do it with that. What about all my favorite internet sites, can I transfer them they way as well ??
interdit 16 Jul 2016
In reply to arch:

> Thanks.

> What about all my favorite internet sites, can I transfer them they way as well ??

You can transfer your profile info for many browsers. The exact method depends on the browser.

Or, if you are using something like Chrome you can sync your profile by logging in with your google account - Favourites, history etc will then appear on the new machine.
 Mark1800 16 Jul 2016
In reply to interdit:

even if you don't normally use chrome, it is easy to swap favourites between different browsers on the same machine e.g. if you use firefox, swap your favourites to chrome on your old machine, load chrome on the new machine and copy the favourites back across to firefox

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...