UKC

Box of Frogs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Pozman 17 Jul 2016
Is May being ultra shrewd by putting Boris, Liam and Davies together to fight over and cock up the whole Brexit project so that she can later roll it all back. Davies has already put his foot in it by blurting out a start date in direct contradiction to May's assurance to Sturgeon that Scotland will be involved and catered for before the process starts.
 balmybaldwin 17 Jul 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

I have no idea, but the likelihood of them three coming up with and executing a plan that is actually good for Britain seems rather small.
 Greasy Prusiks 18 Jul 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

The three of them couldn't run a bath let alone a the huge team of lawyers, negotiators, diplomats, civil servants, politicians ect required to organise leaving the EU.
OP Pete Pozman 18 Jul 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Perhaps they could get together and practise by running a dr*nk up in a brewery. There's one near me which is ideal; giant Yorkshire squares full of beer and deeper than head height.
 digby 18 Jul 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:
> Is May being ultra shrewd by putting Boris, Liam and Davies together to fight over and cock up the whole Brexit project

I think she is. She's clever, shrewd and on top of her game. I think she will stay in power for a very long time. The minions won't.

And Jeremy won't get a look in.

If it weren't for the weather, I'd actually be glad to be living in Scotland. The mighty Sturgeon is also on top of her game.
Post edited at 18:33
In reply to digby:

I rather think you're right, there. And I would grumble except that some of what May's putting in place could have been lifted from the last Labour manifesto.

Curious times, these. Despite many things that should cause me not to, I feel rather optimistic about the future in the medium term.

T.
 Yanis Nayu 18 Jul 2016
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

> I rather think you're right, there. And I would grumble except that some of what May's putting in place could have been lifted from the last Labour manifesto.

> Curious times, these. Despite many things that should cause me not to, I feel rather optimistic about the future in the medium term.

> T.

I think the decision to leave the EU was insane, but I too have cautious optimism over May's appointment.
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

At least there's grown up in charge.
 NathanP 18 Jul 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

I think the chances that she was being shrewd rather than mad just took a jump with the news that the three of them have to share a house. That and putting Andrea Leadsom in charge of telling farmers why they can't have their EU subsidies any more suggests a very cruel but acute sense of humour.
In reply to NathanP:

You know what: the writing team of "Dead Ringers" (18:30 Friday Radio 4 ) can have a week off.
Poor Andrea thinks the farmers give a toss about fox hunting and that's her ace.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...