UKC

Clubs in Manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tomtom89 20 Jul 2016
I've recently moved to Manchester and I'm looking to join a club to meet a few more climbing partners and people to have a post climb pint with. I've done a bit of research and it seems I'm a bit spoilt for choice. I like the look of Karabiner Mountaineering Club, Mynydd Climbing Club and Lancashire Climbing & Caving Club. How do I know which to join? Has anyone got any recommendations that might help me narrow it down? I'm based in Manchester, climb regularly during the week at AW Stockport and usually try to get outside somewhere at weekends. As well as climbing, I also do a bit of hiking, skiing and mountain biking, so ideally I'd like to a club where I could meet some other people that do these too.

I was climbing last night at Windgather and it seemed like a few people there were part of a club. Does anyone know which club this was? They seemed like a friendly bunch.

Any help or recommendations appreciated!

Andy Johnson 20 Jul 2016
In reply to tomtom89:

I'm not a member of the Karabiner club, but I went to a few of their mid-week meets over the winter at Awesome Walls Stockport, and a day for newcomers at Birchen Edge. They seem like a friendly club, and they also schedule walks and other non-climbing activities.
 Rog Wilko 20 Jul 2016
In reply to tomtom89:

As a long-time member of LC&CC I'd obviously advise you to join us. We are an ultra-active group with something for everyone. Trad is the core of our activities but we do cover all bases. Meets are pretty well every weekend with mid-week meets indoors in winter. Why not try one or two of our evening meets? You'll be made very welcome. We have a Facebook page as well as a new website. FB tends to have the more up-to-date info on. It's an open group, so you could make yourself known there. If you email me I can give you a few phone numbers. Or some other members may post on this thread. Rob Powell is in charge of evening meets and he's on UKC.
In reply to tomtom89:

righr up your straBe.
http://outdoorlads.com/
OP tomtom89 22 Jul 2016
Thanks for the replies!
 Seymore Butt 22 Jul 2016
In reply to tomtom89:

Have you tried the Rucksack club ?, they are a Manchester based club. Check their website, its a very active club which does all your interests.

Al
OP tomtom89 22 Jul 2016
In reply to Seymore Butt:

Thanks for that. Another one to add to the list. I'll get in touch with the clubs and see if I can tag along on some of the meets.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...