UKC

Bouldering in Gavernie?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
George B01 21 Jul 2016
Already posted in bouldering Forum but with no prevail.

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any info on bouldering in Gavernie, France or that area of the Pyrenees. I am off there next week (Currently in Barcelona) and my bouldering mat just arrived and I have just lugged it across the French/Spainsh border in my car, I may as well use it now. Google shows a lot of info on sport and trad climbs in Gavernie but nothing about bouldering. Is this because it is virtually non-existent? I have never been before and I am a novice to outdoor bouldering. Any help/info is appreciated!

Thanks
George
 Morgan Woods 21 Jul 2016
In reply to George B01:

Targasonne is the main place for blocs in the pyranees.....not sure how far it is from gavarnie.
 Mark Bull 23 Jul 2016
In reply to George B01:

There is some bouldering at Pont d'Espagna though only the sport routes are listed.
 Doug 23 Jul 2016
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Targasonne is several hours drive from Gavarnie but relatively close to Barcelona, but might be a bit hot at this time of year. There's some bouldering described at Orlu (Ariege) that I know of but there must be much more - there's plenty of rock!
 John Kelly 23 Jul 2016
In reply to George B01:

Cauterets#overview
George B01 24 Jul 2016
Thanks for the info. The help is really apreciated. I'll check all the links out. Thanks again

George

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...