UKC

Strava

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goose299 24 Jul 2016
So I've finally linked my Garmin upto a Strava account. Few questions though.

Can I black out the cycling stuff so I can only see people's running? Also does it have a leaderboard functionality and the graphs that garmin has? Any other hints and tips?

At the moment, the only pull for Strava is that everyone's on it but Garmin seems way more informative.
 Greasy Prusiks 24 Jul 2016
In reply to goose299:

If you do cycle set up a zone around your house where it doesn't post the final/first part of your ride online.

Inviting bike thieves otherwise.
OP goose299 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Nope, I only run but I'll probably set one up anyway.
 felt 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

> If you do cycle set up a zone around your house where it doesn't post the final/first part of your ride online.

Or fire the machine up when you're a short distance away

KevinD 24 Jul 2016
In reply to goose299:

> Can I black out the cycling stuff so I can only see people's running? Also does it have a leaderboard functionality and the graphs that garmin has? Any other hints and tips?

If you are following someone then I dont think there is any built in way to block out the other stuff.
For leaderboard, sort of. If you join a club then you get that sort of gubbins although I dont think there are any graphs.

Main advantage over Garmin is a)the site doesnt randomly commit suicide b)the site doesnt randomly commit suicide c)is there a theme here? d)people with other manufacturers devices can see what you are doing e)segments are way better than the garmin attempts (which is why garmin seem to have swapped).

Overall.
Its best if either you join clubs or use segments to compare yourself against others. Segments can also be handy for finding decent mountain biking (for running i think it would be less useful but then i treat running as pure exercise rather than fun so could be wrong).
KevinD 24 Jul 2016
In reply to felt:

> Or fire the machine up when you're a short distance away

Personally I do both. Since I am ultra paranoid I also have the zone centre offset from the actual location.
OP goose299 24 Jul 2016
In reply to KevinD:

I know a lot of people have issues with the site but I've never had an issue with it ever *touch wood*

In all honesty, I've had a play and I'm still not understanding the hype. I'll probs look at deleting it or not even checking it

Cheers all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...