UKC

Guidebook recommendations for l' Argentiere la Bessee area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andrew_ing 24 Jul 2016
Hi All

As the title suggests really, looking for recommendations for climbing guidebooks of the area, atm it looks like I will get Briancon climbs but does anyone have any other recommendations, for guidebooks, looking at sport/ trad.

Cheers
Andy
 SGD 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Andrew_ing:
We've not long come back and the Briancon guide is the one we used, although we were lucky in that we were with a couple that had been several times before.

If you go into Sport 2000 in Argentiere they have the guide in question and several others for you to check out before deciding.

Have fun
Post edited at 19:55
In reply to Andrew_ing:

Hi Andy I live just out side l'Argentiere there are a few guides books to this area, they are broken down in to style of climbing,

Briancon climbs covers all the sport climbs, so all the single and multi pitch sports venues such as Ailefroide and some of the limestone multi pitch's in the durance valley, but non of the higher routes in the Ecrin's or Cerres theres about 3000+
routes in this guide.

the other rock guide is the Oisans Nouveau Oisans Sauvage livre est this guide covers all the multi pitch route and alpine rock routes some are bolted some not, in the guide it gives a start system 1 star means fully bolted, 4 means trad and in between mans a varying among of bolts of just bolt belays.

Ailefroide has its own guide coving all the routes there, and a bouldering guide,

there are also a few small guides aimed at easy rock routes around briancon,

like i said i live here and i am happy to help if you need more info about the books or areas you can drop me a email on rob@dream-trails.com

cheers

Jim 1003 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Andrew_ing:

I would avoid Ailefroide at the moment until the holidays are over, it's really busy, as are any areas with a short walk in.
The Briancon guide is the best, the Ailefroide one is entirely in French, the shop mentioned above does have them all in at the moment.
OP Andrew_ing 28 Jul 2016
In reply to Andrew_ing:
Many thanks all for your help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...