UKC

lakes clean routes v2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ctodd 24 Jul 2016
renewal of this topic.

went to raven crag threshthwaite cove yesterday. pretty clean, quality routes. will be back up there.

anyone out elsewhere recently? raven thirlmere? goat borrowdale?
 Jim 1003 24 Jul 2016
In reply to ctodd:

Raven, Thirlmere, is an awful crag, very loose...
 sparkass 25 Jul 2016
In reply to ctodd:

Some friends and I climbed and cleaned Far from the madding crowd on thrang last week. It's a lot cleaner than it was and is certainly clean enough to climb. It could do with a few more ascents to clean it up properly though!

It's brilliant, get on it!
Lessworkmoreclimbing 25 Jul 2016
In reply to Jim 1003:
We did Totalitarian (E1) on Raven Crag Thirlmere in 2013 and it was great - neither dirty nor loose, 3 good pitches. We did have to climb a pitch of vegetation to get to the start of the route but it was fine.
To the OP - I appreciate this isn't a recent ascent! I wish more people would log their routes as it can be a good way of guessing conditions even if not commented on.
If it helps anyone - I've been slightly off the beaten track on popular crags recently:
Black Crag Eliminate E1 (Black Crag Borrowdale) had some dirty but climbable bits and a dirty and unclimbable bit for me but I combined it with the adjacent route to make a worthwhile outing - see my logbook.
Chimney Variant E1 on White Ghyll - the crux groove looks dirty but the holds are clean. And i went round the wet bit in the chimney.
Post edited at 07:30
 Jim 1003 25 Jul 2016
In reply to Lessworkmoreclimbing:
I thought it was dirty and loose , so we will have to differ on that.
Appears other find it dirty, quote from recent log book,

dirty, loads of ticks, (not the written kind)
Post edited at 11:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...