UKC

NEWS: IFSC Lead World Cup Briançon: Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Jul 2016
Romain Desgranges takes a rest in the men's final, 2 kbThe third round of the 2016 IFSC Lead World Cup circuit saw competitors congregate in Briançon in France's Hautes-Alpes department. In similar weather conditions to the first round in Chamonix, rain delays disrupted the planned schedule, but unlike in 2014 when the finals were cancelled due to lightning storms, this year's event fortunately went ahead between bouts of rain.

Read more
 stp 26 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Thought this was a really interesting comp, despite the weather, for a number of reasons. It was interesting to see Yann's routesetting at a World Cup. I thought it was well done and interesting to watch, not often you get a final's route with such a good rest on (like the men's) so good to see something a little different from the norm.

Janja's top was particularly impressive, after drying her boots halfway up, then fighting through the first bit of the top section, there was that massive runout to the anchors on wet holds. I presume that route must have been at least 8b.

I thought the women's event might mess up after multiple tops in the first two rounds but it all came good in the end with no need to use time as a measure of position.

And interesting co commentary by Yann and Natalie in the different rounds. Even Mr. Boscoe seemed to be better commentating at this event.

Will the Slovenians take the double this year?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...