UKC

Turningstone Edge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 27 Jul 2016
Anyone able to advise what the conditions are like here at present?
Last time I went we had trouble finding it amongst the Rhodies.
 Mowglee 27 Jul 2016
In reply to Removed User:

Can't help directly, but there's a group planning on a gardening expedition next Tuesday evening, so it ought to be better after that hopefully.
 Graeme Hammond 27 Jul 2016
In reply to Removed User:
Most climbs in good condition but a bit of TLC is required as ever in the on going battle with the rhododendrons in some places. I was climbing there last night and it is a good idea to bring some loppers and chop back a few bits while your partner gets their gear sorted that way at least the bottom of the crag stays accessible if everyone does a bit it will keep the edge in good condition. I spent 4 hours chopping back stuff last week but you can always do more and as Mowglee says there is a plan to do some more work next week so hopefully it will be in excellent condition soon.

As for finding the crag it can be difficult but if you follow the directions in the BMC guide it is quite easy. Unfortunately the crazy tree has fall over but the tunnel (more like a decent clearway since it was cut back a few years ago) through to the crag is just to the right.
Post edited at 22:42

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...