UKC

Reminder Ken Wilson Celebration

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 S11 29 Jul 2016
Just a reminder as this event takes place tomorrow.

A Celebration of A Life: Ken Wilson
Saturday 30th July starting at 5.00pm (prompt) and finishing at about 6.30pm in the Pennine Lecture Theatre, City Campus, Sheffield Hallam University (about a five-minute walk from the railway station and about a half-hour drive from Stanage Edge)
All are welcome
Please come and celebrate the life and achievements of one of biggest characters of the modern climbing scene who revolutionised magazine and book publishing
The Pennine Lecture Theatre in Sheffield city centre is only a short drive from the Peak National Park so also potentially enjoy a weekend of climbing or walking, weather permitting
The Heartspace Atrium, which adjoins the Pennine will be open serving beer, wine, tea, coffee
 AP Melbourne 29 Jul 2016
In reply to S11:

Good post S11:
Obviously being 12,000 miles away some can't attend otherwise would. For those of us who would like to be 'present' is it being taped liked Jim (Curran's) was? I'd be happy to stand upright throughout again in respect.
Thanks,
Andy.
OP S11 30 Jul 2016
In reply to S11:

Hi Andy. I'm hoping to record it as you aren't the only one that can't make it through one reason or another. If the university technology works I'll make sure that copies available.

Please note that all are welcome to come along tonight.

Ian
 AP Melbourne 30 Jul 2016
In reply to S11:

Thanks Ian,
Am sure there'll be folk around the globe hoping we can pay respects and stand upright for Ken.
Thank you,
A.
 Rob Parsons 07 Aug 2016
In reply to S11:

>... I'm hoping to record it as you aren't the only one that can't make it through one reason or another. If the university technology works I'll make sure that copies available.

Did this get done? If so, is the thing available to watch on-line anywhere yet?

Thanks.

Mick Ward 07 Aug 2016
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Agree, that would be great.

Mick
 Jon Read 08 Aug 2016
In reply to S11:

It was a very good event; many thanks from me to the organisers. Some great annecdotes and Wilsonisms relayed. Ken was clearly held in high esteem and respect by many,
OP S11 08 Aug 2016
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Very sorry, not recorded in the end.
 Rob Parsons 08 Aug 2016
In reply to S11:

Ok, no problem. Thanks.
In reply to S11:

I just put up, rather belatedly, a short obit of Ken Wilson on my website:

http://gordonstainforth.apps-1and1.net/ken-wilson-7-february-1941-11-june-2...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...