UKC

Aosta - best crag for a keen climbing family?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 simonfoley 29 Jul 2016

The week after next our family and another are heading to Aosta to climb for four days. I have the guidebook mani nudi, which is a bit dry, and I can't really figure out where the best four days would be spent.

Although the kids are only three and six years old, they can walk 30 minutes over rocks and both of them love to be at the crag and climb. Ideally we would find a place with minimal walk and high quality sport climbs from 5a (for the kids) and up to 6c for Dad. However, compromises will need to be made and any suggestions most welcome. We are on our way back from Cala Ganone and many a fun hour was spent carting all the gear and the three-year old up and down the hill to the crag. I am dedicated.

Advice here has sometimes been the difference for us of wasting days finding mediocre places and getting the best spot and making the most of any short time we have.

You are all amazing and thanks for your time.

Simon
Post edited at 21:56
 aostaman 30 Jul 2016
In reply to simonfoley: With the children I would go up to the palestra at Lillaz above Cogne. Very pretty, nice short walk, the waterfalls and plenty of short easy routes.

Depends where you are staying of course.

Andy Say 30 Jul 2016
 jon 30 Jul 2016
 Andy Say 30 Jul 2016
In reply to jon:
> Yeah, completely different. You're a braver man than I, Mr Say...

> Can't seem to make the link work...

Bugger! Well scrub that from my list of suggestions then.

Got to break it to my lad that one of the first 'routes' he did has been demolished........
Post edited at 12:41
 jon 30 Jul 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Did you manage to get the vid working? If you didn't, it's worth persevering as it's quite spectacular!
 Andy Say 31 Jul 2016
In reply to jon:

Oh I did. Hope you noticed that I had my lad in a helmet....... Can't be too careful on them alpine dams.
 jon 31 Jul 2016
 Andy Say 31 Jul 2016
In reply to jon:

They never mentioned the need for a helmet at my recent Range West briefing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...