UKC

Life's little lessons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Big Ger 01 Aug 2016
A good idea I think, you?

> Male refugees settling in Britain should be given lessons about female equality, a Labour MP has suggested. Thangam Debbonaire, who chairs the all-party parliamentary group on refugees, said the move could be part of a national drive to improve male attitudes towards women.

> Debbonaire said that new arrivals need a “sensitive” introduction to a different culture. The MP, who has just launched an inquiry into the experiences of new refugees in the UK, drew parallels with concerns in Germany after some migrants were accused of sexual assaults at New Year’s Eve celebrations. “What I don’t want is for the British people to respond to a case of assault or sexual harassment by saying no to more refugees, which seemed to be what the public’s response to Germany was in danger of becoming,” the MP told the Daily Telegraph.

krikoman 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

> But we're all multi-cultural now.... so instead of being racist we should be sensitive to their culture by offering them our women. Women should be proud to have a foreign man stick his had up there skirts for a grope.... " Oh, hurah I'm multi-cultural now!"

"Offering them our women" it's nice you seeing woman as something to be offered.

Maybe we should have some training a home first.
 mrphilipoldham 01 Aug 2016
In reply to krikoman:

I think (or certainly hope) that was all part of the tongue in cheek joke..
 Postmanpat 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Wasn't this Farage's idea first?
 MonkeyPuzzle 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Thangam's my local MP and, apart from having the coolest name in all of parliament, I like the cut of her jib.
 John Ww 01 Aug 2016
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

Would that be a vote for her Thanghamherjib, or her Thanghamhijab?

JW
 Jon Stewart 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

Who the f*ck are you even talking about? If you're going to be a prick, at least try to aim your abuse with some degree of direction, even if precision is beyond you.
 abr1966 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

> But we're all multi-cultural now.... so instead of being racist we should be sensitive to their culture by offering them our women. Women should be proud to have a foreign man stick his had up there skirts for a grope.... " Oh, hurah I'm multi-cultural now!"

What a prick you are...
 Scarab9 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

I don't care whether that's a poor taste joke or not, you really are acting despicably to say it regardless.
 daWalt 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Scarab9:
which bit of the poor taste facetious comment did you think wasn't a poor taste facetious comment?

n.b. the word joke has been redacted as jokes are usually considered to convey humor
Post edited at 14:14
 krikoman 02 Aug 2016
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

> I think (or certainly hope) that was all part of the tongue in cheek joke..

Sadly, probably not, he/she has form for this kind of BS statement.
OP Big Ger 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Scarab9:

> I don't care whether that's a poor taste joke or not, you really are acting despicably to say it regardless.

Yes, but is it far more despicable than recognising its basis in reality;

> During the 2016 New Year's Eve celebrations, hundreds of sexual assaults (including groping), at least five rapes, and numerous thefts were reported in Germany, mainly in Cologne city centre. Similar incidents were reported in Hamburg, Frankfurt, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart, and Bielefeld. The German Federal Criminal Police Office said on 9 January that the incidents were a phenomenon known in the Arab World as taharrush gamea in Arabic. Translated as "group sexual harassment in crowds," it is comparable to criminal acts committed in Cairo's Tahrir Square during the Egyptian revolution of 2011,
 Kimono 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

bit of an aside but wasn't 'Debonnaire' one of the (many) names of Alan Partridge's house band?
OP Big Ger 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Kimono:

Indeed it was, Glen Ponder and Debonair

http://partridge.wikia.com/wiki/Glenn_Ponder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...