UKC

Climbing Luxembourg

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 samparsons 02 Aug 2016
Berdorf

I am looking to go climbing on the sandstone sport in Luxembourg in August. Berdorf seems to be the place to go but it says I need a permit. Apparently, they have stopped making them and you have to be part of the UIAA or IFSC to climb there but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Can anyone help?
 Carless 02 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:

Berdorf no longer has a permit system but as you say you need to be in a club that has reciprocal rights ie. affilated to the UIAA or IFSC
I think normal BMC membership does not have reciprocal rights - you have to pay extra
Also maybe have a look at Austrian Alpine club as they have a UK section

I don't know how rigorously they check people's cards
 dmca 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Carless:

What do you mean by the BMC not having reciprocal rights? The BMC is a member of the UIAA according to the UIAA website (the Austrian alpine club is not, although I don't know whether this would be problematic in Luxembourg).
 Andy Say 02 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:

The BMC is a full member of the UIAA. The 'reciprocal rights' payment only applies to the discounted use of alpine huts. (Because we haven't got any for them to use!).

Membership of the BMC is accepted in Belgium and Luxembourg to allow you to access the 'restricted' crags. You ARE a current member of the BMC?

AAC membership is irrelevant in that case.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...