UKC

Eponymous routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 03 Aug 2016
Just discovered to my amazement that I have 11 (containing my surname) listed on UKC. Who can beat that, or tell me about any others?
 Shani 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Someone with the surname "Wall", "Crack" or "Buttress" is going to appear on this thread in a moment.....

Michael Hood 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:
I seem to have loads - there are 7 "The Hood"s and 18 "Robin Hood"s as well as loads of other names/words containing "hood".
Post edited at 19:29
 jon 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Well not surname - I don't even know anyone with the same surname as me - but there are 37 containing Monty. One of them is one of my routes!
 zimpara 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I've got 20.
 john arran 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

A search on here turned up 54 "John"s so I'm claiming a high score until Mr Route turns up
 Rick Graham 03 Aug 2016
In reply to john arran:

Lots with graham and rick in

Even more with me and I. Do I win?
 Rob Morgan 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Never fail to get a kick out of climbing Rob's Crack (VS 4c) at Fairy Cave Quarry...
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Well now, searching using my first name - Tony - came up with a few, though many had it as an inclusion ('Stony', and so on). A search with my surname - Buckley - came up with two.

However, since my father's line leads fairly directly back to Cork and the surname derives from the Irish for 'herdsman' (presumably my ancestors spent quite a lot of time getting annoyed when cows wouldn't go where they were told), and since Scots and Irish Gaelic share common root words, I'd like to claim not a bunch of routes but a hill. In fact there's a choice of hills but since I'm 6'3", and so fairly tall, I'll claim the bigger one.

Buachaille Etive Mor suits in everything but its location; which, alas, buggers things right up. If only it were in south-west Ireland...

...back to the drawing board then.

T.
 Kevster 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

43 for my surname, only 11 for Kevin.
Was surprised by the surname, then remembered it has a french translation. Nearly all in France.
 knighty 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

50 routes containing my surname: Knight.

Unless that was just the limit of the drop down search box. There could be more...
 Chris the Tall 04 Aug 2016
In reply to knighty:

50 routes - pah

I've got 50 hills and 3 national parks containing "Moor"
 Simon Caldwell 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Unsurprisingly, none at all containing my surname. Loads with my first name of course, no idea how many as the search dropdown doesn't list them all.
 Babika 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

9 for my first name (only 2 with the right spelling), 12 for the surname.

I didn't think there would be any, so whadda y'know.
I'd better get climbing at Caley
 Mick Ward 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

An exact match for:

Birdie Num Num (6c+)

Mick
 Tony Jones 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

42 if you're a Jones, although that includes six, uh, cojones...
 Bulls Crack 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

If we go on ukc name.......
 Michael Gordon 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

A well known climbing film maker has an eponymous grade.
 Brown 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

52 for Brown. Thought it would have been higher.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...