UKC

Wildcamping in the Southwest of Ireland...Great

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 04 Aug 2016
I was lucky enough to have a couple of nights camping in the wild and wonderful Beara Peninsula last weekend. It reinforced again my feeling that this is one of my favourite places in these islands. The story here...http://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2016/08/wildcamping-on-beara-peninsula.html
I hope you enjoy,,Stephen
 Welsh Kate 04 Aug 2016
In reply to goatee:

As ever I enjoy reading your reports of bimbling around the west of Ireland
Thank you.
OP goatee 04 Aug 2016
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Cheers Kate. Hopefully I'll get back to north Wales again soon.
Removed User 04 Aug 2016
In reply to goatee:

Very good. A reminder of a memorable holiday in this area 25 years ago............
Clauso 04 Aug 2016
In reply to goatee:

I enjoyed reading that. Some great photos.
 Pyreneenemec 05 Aug 2016
In reply to goatee:

Another great report- thanks !

I had a very enjoyable 10 days in Antrim / Donegal last month and looking forward to a week on Mizen Head in October.
Weather permitting I'll hop over to the Beara once or twice. The bass fishing isn't what it used to be so a few nice codling and plaice from a spot near Allihies will do very nicely !
 Kimono 05 Aug 2016
In reply to goatee:
I just cycled the south west coast and Beara was my favourite spot too. I ended up spending a night at Dzogchen Beara Buddhist monastery on the head of Beara....turned out they run a hostel there as well!
OP goatee 05 Aug 2016
In reply to Pyreneenemec:
Good for you. Don't neglect the Sheeps Head. Another superb place. I have never bern to Donegal. Another must do. Its easier for me to get to the Alps than there.
 Pyreneenemec 05 Aug 2016
In reply to goatee:

I've done most of the Sheephead's Way and always do the short walk from the café to the lighthouse each time were there. Bernie's Cupan Tae must have one of the best views of any café in Ireland !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...