UKC

Bivvy/ wild camping aiguille rouge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 grwooster 05 Aug 2016
Hi,

Shortly off to chamonix for a family holiday and was thinking about taking the youngster for a wild camp somewhere in the aiguille rouge area.

As far as I can remember you are allowed to put up a bivvy/ small tent between 7pm and 9am. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

I was thinking of around the lac des cheserys area, would this be a good spot, any other ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Samuel J 21 Aug 2016
In reply to grwooster:

Hi,

Have you been yet? If so did you manage to go wild camping as planned? I'm heading to Chamonix at the end of the month and have similar plans to yourself (wild camp at either lac blanc or lac cheserys) but I can only find very limited and somewhat mixed information about how accepted bivvying (small tent in my case) in the area is.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
OP grwooster 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Samuel J:

Hi,

Just back from chamonix, had a good time and managed a couple of wild camps.
I asked at the mountain guides office re bivvying/ small tent in the aiguille rogue area. They said whilst general camping isn't allowed bivvying/ small tents are fine as long you put the tent up after 19hrs and put the tent down by 9am.

In terms of location we found that lac blanc was too busy and too close to the hut so continued on to lacs de cheserys. At the first lake near to the path there were other people camping, we continued and found a great spot at the lakes which are set back from the main path but really great spot.

It was a good trip and plenty of places where you can put up a small tent out of the way.
Just one word of caution, not to put you off, but keep an eye out for ticks, managed to get bitten by something somewhere in the valley, apparently they are prevelant, just like the lakes I guess, not to put you off just to be aware.

Have a good trip!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...