UKC

Fame at last!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Big Ger 09 Aug 2016
Just got this email from the National Arboretum of Australia

"Hi ,
FYI, your gorgeous photo of the Cork oak forest is being used a lot here atm. It’s on the verso of a business card and DL flier I’m using it to encourage visitors to participate in our survey. It’s on the front of the A4 flier. Hope you like them. See attached - some are low res versions and your image looks even better on the high res print versions. I’ll also put the image on the large grove screen in the Village Centre. Your image is also being used online to promote Ginger Catering’s Hansel and Gretel dinner on 24 August, see GC site at: http://www.gingercatering.com.au/kitchen-cabinet-hansel-gr…/ It will also be on our website but isn’t live yet."
It’s one of the best Cork oak images I have and thank you again for letting us use it!"
 Fraser 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Congratulations. But your link didn't work.
OP Big Ger 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Fraser:

Many thanks Fraser, here you go:
http://www.gingercatering.com.au/kitchen-cabinet-hansel-gretel-24-august-20...

Not a great resolution of it though
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Congratulations. Always nice when your work gets appreciated! Nice photo.
 Mick Ward 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Congratulations!

Mick
OP Big Ger 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Cheers Mick and James, I'm humbled.

I'm popping down there tomorrow to see how it looks on the "big screen" they have. Also to pick up some of the brochures and cards with it on to send to me mam, she likes seeing stuff i do.
 Shani 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Good composition. Nice one.
OP Big Ger 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Shani:

My thanks!
OP Big Ger 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

It gets better!

> Thank you for your email – we are so glad you are happy with the image we really thought it was stunning!

> We would also like to invite you (and a guest) as our guests to The Kitchen Cabinet Dinner – Hansel + Gretel which you have assisted us promoting. The dinner is on Wednesday the 24th of August from 6pm in The Conservatory Restaurant at the Arboretum.

> Please let me know if you would be interested in attending it would be a pleasure to have you there.

> Regards,

> Ginger Catering

Unfortunately we had to cry off, as there is a set menu and both the starter and main are both meat dishes. Still, it's lovely to have my images appreciated.
 birdie num num 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Just have the dessert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...