UKC

Stac An Fharaidh quick drying/seepage?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rickrick 09 Aug 2016
Stac an Fharaidh Hi,

Thinking of mountain routes for tomorrow in cairngorms. Does anyone know if Stac An Fharaidh dries fast for the likes of whispers, pippet slabs etc? Can it suffer from seepage with the past few weeks of weather we have had?

Thanks in advance, Ric
 mike barnard 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Rickrick:
Worth a shot I'd say. Whispers is purportedly quick drying, Pippet Slab maybe a bit slower but doable when damp higher up as the rock is still quite rough.
Post edited at 18:02
 Mike-W-99 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Rickrick:

Pray for a breeze! We had a sustained midge attack on the top pitch of Pippet slab a few years ago, all thoughts of a 3rd route were quickly abandoned.
Might be a bit chilly but enjoy, its in a cracking location.
 Andy Nisbet 09 Aug 2016
In reply to mike barnard:

I would give it 40/60 against. Could be worse.
OP Rickrick 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Rickrick:
Thanks all for your help! Think it may be worth an early morning attempt. Will report back on conditions if we go for it

Thanks again
 Andy Nisbet 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Rickrick:

Yes please let me know.
 Hay 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Rickrick:
It was unclimbable last Friday. Water pouring down Pippet and Whispers very wet in upper reaches.
Good luck though, looks lovely climbing.
B.
OP Rickrick 11 Aug 2016
In reply to Rickrick:

Harder routes in centre of slabs seeping in the top pitches. We climbed Pippet Slab, seepage was bad on top pitch but rest was ok. Started raining half way up making it a lot harder. Whispers looked completely dry when we arrived (no seepage), another team started up it and not sure whether they topped out after it started raining.
I imagine the seepage we did see would dry pretty quick with some sun/wind.
Not a day to write home about.

Andy Nisbet 11 Aug 2016
In reply to Rickrick:

Thanks for letting me know. The rain came earlier than the forecast said. The Whispers team didn't get up. I did Afterthought Arete and Final Selection after taking some Shelter Stone Crag pictures, but got up before the worst of the rain.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...