UKC

One Mans Everest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 10 Aug 2016

Have you read this book?

What do you make of it?

Reading between the lines Kenton seems to be sticking two fingers up at the purists of you out there. Perhaps I have that all wrong, but he is certainly hitting back at the climbing community.

One thing is for sure, he is a very good business man, and the whole book is an excellent pitch for his business.
Post edited at 12:15
 nathan79 10 Aug 2016
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Have not read it yet but going to stick it on my kindle for a plane/holiday read next week. I find him s likeable guy and hope the book doesn't disappoint.
 drgrange 10 Aug 2016
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Agreed.
I was hoping to read more about the gnarly Alaskan climbs but it's essentially just a response to his critics.

I've just finishing Alone on the Wall which is a better book in my view. Have you read that?
Similar in that he seems to be using it as an opportunity to have a go at a few people.

Must be hard to resit the temptation of sticking two fingers up.
Especially if you are a controversial character like these guys.

Deep Play, Psychovertical and Revelations are all better reads
 planetmarshall 10 Aug 2016
In reply to drgrange:

> Deep Play, Psychovertical and Revelations are all better reads

I have to admit that I was disappointed by 'Revelations'. There were some fun insights into the period, but I was surprised to find that it had been ghostwritten - it was rather prosaic ( an entire chapter on Jerry's business acumen? Really?) and not the equal of the likes of "Beyond The Mountain" or "Touching The Void".

drgrange 10 Aug 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

Fair comment. I probably read it with rose tinted glasses - Ben and Jerry inspired me as a kid.
It was the kind of book to make you try harder though. Inspirational again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...