UKC

Setting up mountaineering walks for 'beginners'.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Alcock 10 Aug 2016
OK, my local CLP wants me to organise ten sponsored walks next year to raise money.

Legality and insurance: will a no indemnity form suffice?

Suggestions for walks to build them up? I'm hoping to get them capable of something like the horseshoe at the end.

Please try not to make this a party politics thread (Labour btw.)
 rallymania 10 Aug 2016
In reply to David Alcock:

i'm wondering some sort of clue as to where you are might help?
 JayPee630 10 Aug 2016

Some more info maybe? Location, led by who with what qualifications, transport, who's doing the risk assessments, what horseshoe, etc etc..

Ten walks sounds a bit ridiculous tbh.
 tony 10 Aug 2016

> OK, my local CLP wants me to organise ten sponsored walks next year to raise money.

What a weird way for a party to raise money. Is this 10 walks, all being done by the same people, who will ask the same people to sponsor them?

> Legality and insurance: will a no indemnity form suffice?

What do you mean by a no indemnity form?

> Suggestions for walks to build them up? I'm hoping to get them capable of something like the horseshoe at the end.

What are they capable of now? Any particular horseshoe?

climbwhenready 10 Aug 2016

If you're planning on leading these walks yourself, you should be able to answer these questions. If you're getting someone else to lead, why not ask them for their advice?
 andyfallsoff 10 Aug 2016

You should be aware that you cannot exclude liability for negligence / personal injury, so don't rely on a form to save you from being sued!
 barry donovan 11 Aug 2016

Is this a windup?

If the "Horseshoe" in mind is the Crib Goch one ( is that where you want to go or they want to go ?); stick to the Cotswolds, Wye Valley, Mendip, Quantocks. etc etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...