UKC

Pembroke campsites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dazzle 10 Aug 2016
I'm heading down to Pembroke for the first time next week. Can anyone recommend a central campsite for a week?
I have the wired guide and that has an advert for Simons field, seems to suggest cold showers. I'd prefer somewhere with facilities

Thanks in advance
 IPPurewater 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Dazzle:

St Petrox is good for South Pembroke.

This one is my favourite for North Pembroke - http://porthclais-farm-campsite.co.uk/
 Munch 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Dazzle:

+1 for porthclais, was there at the weekend, and it was great. The owner seemed completely bemused by anyone looking to climb, which was quite funny (she had no idea that we were there to climb). She kept talking about their funny mushrooms, turned out she was talking about all the one person tents.
 BarrySW19 11 Aug 2016
In reply to Steve Clegg:

> Steve

It's OK but, at a tenner a night for a single tent, not exactly the cheapest way to see the area.
OP Dazzle 12 Aug 2016
Thanks for that, let's hope the sun shines
 Babika 12 Aug 2016
In reply to BarrySW19:

That's what I thought. The families in their tent paid £10 and so did the single climbers. And there is no pub walkable. I think the Bosherton field is better but I guess it depends which facilities are your priority
 GrahamD 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Babika:

Knowing that, it makes sense for single climbers to get their act together and share tents As to whether pubs are walkable or not is a matter of choice !
 SuperLee1985 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Dazzle:

We tend to use Windmill hill, just outside of Pembroke town. http://www.windmillhillcaravanpark.co.uk/
It's well situated for range east & west, has decent shower/toilet/washing-up facilities and the owners are friendly.
As a bonus you can walk into Pembroke town in about 20 mins, so you can make full use off the local pubs without worrying about driving.
 1poundSOCKS 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Dazzle:

> Simons field, seems to suggest cold showers

If the sun's out, you'll get a short burst of lukewarm before it gets proper cold.
 Will Hunt 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Dazzle:

Simon's Field is THE ONLY place to camp in Pembroke. Ditch the shower and embrace the legendary simplicity of Bosherston hospitality.
OP Dazzle 22 Aug 2016
Just back from a wet and windy Pembroke, but my thoughts on the campsites.

Porth Clais campsite was good, very easy access to climbing and walkable to St Davids for a few beers. St petrox we stayed at one night, wasn't a great campsite poor facilities and very expensive. We stayed there one night then moved to windmill hill which was a great site, good facilities and a reasonable price, a million times better then petrox!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...