UKC

Newish Climber in Kent looking for people to climb with.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bezza1121 12 Aug 2016
Hi All,

I'm Ben in my late 20's and am still I guess technically a newbie at this great sport, pretty laid back and like being out and about, doing something useful having banter or just lounging around and have quite a few different hobbies just ask,

How I got into climbing, well still relatively new to Climbing/Bouldering, have been casually bouldering and climbing now for the past 8 months. Casually started out when a mate of mine (from Bristol unfortunately) suggested climbing so went along and he belayed me.... First started of going on and off Anyway 8 months later I'm still enjoying it and for the past month or so have committed to now climbing 2 - 3 times a week. Have gradually gained a lot more confidence and tried to take it in my stride now stepping it up a pace and really trying to challenge myself !!!.

I now also possess a decent harness, belay device, climbing shoes, chalk and chalk bag over the last few months. Since starting out I have tried about 4 different climbing centres and had the courage to try traversing outdoors when I was staying down near Brixham earlier in the year.

I mainly climb in Kent at the Moment am wanting to find some more climbing places and people to climb with in Kent as I live in Kent .

I also climb in surrey usually once or twice every few weeks at the white spider which I find to be pretty good.

Climbing places in Kent seem to be very far and few would be cool if there are any other fellow climbers near the Canterbury area who are getting into this fantastic sport and can recommend some places, maybe could get a small group together?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...