UKC

Any non-leather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Arete 13 Aug 2016

My partner is looking for some 4-season boots, ideally no stiffer than B1, which will take a strap-on general mountaineering crampon (e.g. a G10). She'll be using them most of the year - maybe not the height of summer (which doesn't seem to exist in Scotland nowadays anyway) - and the odd winter hill walk, so we're not looking for a proper alpine boot.

The catch is, it can't have leather. I've never looked for non-leather boots before, and there aren't many about! The ideal boot for her purposes would really be the Salomon X Alp Mid GTX, but its upper is all leather.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Cheers
Post edited at 22:57
 petegunn 13 Aug 2016
In reply to redrook:

There are the Veggie Trekker but I think these are classed as a 3 season boot, but my friend has worn his with crampons.
http://m.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/womens_boots/veggie_trekker_mk_5_brown/1551...
 Pritchard 14 Aug 2016
In reply to redrook:

La Sportiva Trango range? Lots of variants including B1, some in the range have leather I think, but most look fully synthetic.

Craig.
OP Arete 14 Aug 2016
In reply to Pritchard:

The problem is that most of them are very Alpine oriented (they don't seem to rate their boots but anything with a semi-auto fitting is going to be B2), or they have leather uppers, or they're too soft.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...