UKC

Eagle Front Buttermere

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bobpilgrem 15 Aug 2016
Hi All
Hoping to get on this route on Wed-assuming no rain I am hoping it will be be in
condition.Any thoughts from locals would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Bob
 spenser 15 Aug 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

If it's wet the middle pitch (the traverse on the terrace) will be interesting as it's a path along a lot of long grass. Enjoy the route, it's fantastic!
 Skyfall 15 Aug 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Just back from a day climbing in the lakes and N facing crags pretty wet still so I wouldn't hold out much hope.
 Martin Thomas 15 Aug 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Pavey Ark was pretty wet over the weekend; I imagine Eagle Front might have been similar. There are a few days to dry out mind.
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Everything is generally very wet underfoot, esp crags like that, it was v cold and wet until Sunday, could take a few days yet to dry out, and Eagle Front is not enjoyable in the wet.
DC
OP bobpilgrem 16 Aug 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem: thanks for responses-even though they weren't what I wanted to hear !

In reply to bobpilgrem:

It really needs a week of dry conditions to be enjoyable, at which point it's excellent, but no push over, with tricky moves and iffy gear in places. When I last did it a couple of years ago we carried fell shoes up and walked round from the top to the top of Grey Crag and finished the day with Oxford and Cambridge Direct - a grand day out!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...