UKC

Nexus 7 reset

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 17 Aug 2016
With a slow and unresponsive performance I'm considering resetting my Nexus 7 tablet.
I've found a script for resetting it but it say nothing about getting back the apps and data I have stored on it.
Can anyone give me guidance please?
Thanks
 NottsRich 17 Aug 2016
In reply to FesteringSore:

Perform a full backup to a PC (search google for 'backup Android to PC' or similar).
Sync with google play. This should make a record of all installed apps, and data associated with them. I personally don't like doing that so choose to just reinstall the few apps I use. Once reset, re-sync and it should put apps + data back on again. If it's slow though, you might want to reconsider just putting it all back on once it's been cleaned...

It's quite simple tbh, there are lots of guides around. Here's one for example:

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2335223/back-data-resetting-nexus-tablet.ht...
 The Lemming 17 Aug 2016

Which Nexus 7 do you have?

The 2012 version or the 2013 version?

I only ask as my Nexus 7 (2013 version) never slowed down. Sadly the Micro USB connection broke this week and I can no longer charge it up.

I gave my day a Nexus 7 (2012 version) and this is an extremely slow and glitchy tablet. Only a couple of weeks ago I did a factory reset but this did not resolve any issues. In fact I don't think this is the way to fix my Nexus 7 (2012 version) and I am going to look for a custom version of the operating system to see if that fixes the problem.
OP FesteringSore 17 Aug 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

> Which Nexus 7 do you have?

> The 2012 version or the 2013 version?

Unfortunately the 2012 version
 The Lemming 17 Aug 2016

> Unfortunately the 2012 version

We're in the same boat and a factory reset won't fix it.

I'm going to check out some alternative operating systems such as this.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/

http://www.howtogeek.com/162516/how-to-flash-your-nexus-s-or-any-other-andr...

I have an ageing ASUS TF300 from 2012 which got buggered up with ASUS's final update. That made the tablet extremely slow and ate battery power at a fantastic rate.

In the end I bit the bullet and taught myself how to Flash a ROM, which in layman terms means to install a new operating system. After a few attmpts with a few various ROMS, I settled on Cyanogenmod.

This ROM gave my ageing tablet a new lease of life. It won't get any more updates but that does not matter as there are no faults with it and it is working better that the official final update from ASUS.
Lusk 17 Aug 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

> Sadly the Micro USB connection broke this week and I can no longer charge it up.

Doesn't wilkie of this parish, and Blackpool, fix this sort of gear?
 The Lemming 17 Aug 2016
In reply to Lusk:

> Doesn't wilkie of this parish, and Blackpool, fix this sort of gear?

Sadly he buggered off to the Peaks.

The Lemming 17 Aug 2016
In reply to NottsRich:

> DIY replace the charging port:

You da man!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...