UKC

Womens' hockey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 17 Aug 2016

They're all mad! Two GB girls have gone off, one for stitches from a stick to the head, another for what could have been a broken jaw from a ball, and now they're both back on! Same thing in the Dutch/German semi final, blood injuries every ten minutes. All with a complete absence of writhing about.

The average premiership footballer wouldn't last ten minutes....

GB 3 NZ 0. 10 minutes to go.
 galpinos 17 Aug 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:
During this tournament, the Daily Mail ran a headline along the lines of, "Hockey Players go soft" as they now wear face guards when charging down short corners.

The worst my wife has suffered was an open compound fracture and partial dislocation of her finger. Just a scratch......
Post edited at 22:30
OP Postmanpat 17 Aug 2016
In reply to galpinos:

> During this tournament, the Daily Mail ran a headline along the lines of, "Hockey Players go soft" as they now wear face guards when charging down short corners.

> The worst my wife has suffered was an open compound fracture and partial dislocation of her finger. Just a scratch......

I'm told they tend to like a beer as well...
 Dave the Rave 17 Aug 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

> I'm told they tend to like a beer as well...

And fannies, so try not to get overexcited
OP Postmanpat 17 Aug 2016
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> And fannies, so try not to get overexcited

Not all of them (so I've heard)
Removed User 17 Aug 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

Hockey is a proper man's game. Ermm...

Have you ever seen shinty?
 Doug 18 Aug 2016
In reply to Removed User:

I remember a colleague of mine being both extremely proud & extremely anxious when her son started to play for the local shinty club adult team. Most adult shinty players I know seem to have had injuries of some sort, some quite bad, although most of them would try to claim that climbing was more dangerous !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...