UKC

Hockey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oceanrower 19 Aug 2016
I can't believe I'm sitting here watching the hockey between GB and Holland. A game I have no interest in and really don't understand.

Gripping stuff!
Gone for good 19 Aug 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

Brilliant penalty shoot out. Well done team GB!
 rossowen 19 Aug 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

Absolutely incredible. Well done Team GB
 Shani 19 Aug 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

Brilliant stuff.
 balmybaldwin 19 Aug 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

really gripping stuff. looked very dodgy in the third quarter but turned it round brilliantly
 Skyfall 19 Aug 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

I was filling up at the medal ceremony !
 John_Hat 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:
There's quite a lot of comments on similar lines in the newspapers, that it's a game they had never considered watching before, and were finding it amazing. Well done the UK women.

Quite apart from an amazing game by all accounts (I missed it personally due to other commitments [1]), theres a lot of other associated good stuff attached - great role models for women, first married couple getting gold together for about 100 years, BBC moving news for a female sporting event (has that ever occurred before?), etc

[1] ..... and am now going to have to see if some nice person has put it on youtube...
Post edited at 09:32
 Lemony 20 Aug 2016
In reply to John_Hat:

On the married couple front, having known about it from one of the earlier rounds, about halfway through the match it suddenly occurred to me how utterly extraordinary that would have been in the recent past and yet it didn't even warrant a mention. When you stop and think about it, It's fantastic that gay marriage is just an increasingly mundane part of life in the uk now.

Fantastic match, fantastic shootout, fantastic sport. Great way to spend a Friday night.
 Fraser 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

I first got into the sport when the London Olympics were on, so have followed quite a few of the games this time round. Great result for the British ladies team.
 Martin W 20 Aug 2016
In reply to John_Hat:
> [1] ..... and am now going to have to see if some nice person has put it on youtube...

It'll be on iPlayer, surely?

[Edit] Here you go: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07pk66j/olympics-day-14-bbc-one-20302... (match starts about 28 minutes in)
Post edited at 12:20
 andy 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Martin W: it's on iplayer, innit? They've been putting the whole of the various programmes on there.

John_Hat 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Martin W:

> It'll be on iPlayer, surely?

> [Edit] Here you go: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07pk66j/olympics-day-14-bbc-one-20302... (match starts about 28 minutes in)

Thank you! (settles down with a cuppa)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...