UKC

Scotland Glencoe BASE Jump

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Alnp 20 Aug 2016
Hi folks

I'm offering out an apology. I was BASE jumping off the cliff at the north side of Buchaille etive mor on Sunday 14th August about 7.30pm

After I jumped I swung round in my harness to watch my friend jump. I noticed 2 climbers on the wall below our exit point.

I would like to apologise to them for what must have been a total surprise.

I'm hoping that word gets to them from this forum.

Lesson learned - shout down before jumping. 8 years I have jumped there and never saw a climber so totally unexpected.

Cheers
Alan
 Rick Graham 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Alnp:

> I'm offering out an apology. I was BASE jumping off the cliff at the north side of Buchaille etive mor on Sunday 14th August about 7.30pm

Gulp. Carnivore (E2 5c) Creag a' Bhancair

I have spent most of my life trying to hold onto cliffs , not jumping off them.

I guess its off the crag with Carnivore on it, Creag A Bhancair?
Alnp 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Alnp

Hey Alan,

I was belaying at the time - no harm done, Naomi was climbing at the time and grumbled something about hoping you landed in a puddle but think she got over it pretty quickly and it gave us a good story working at the wall next day

Cheers!
Oliver

Fraser 20 Aug 2016
 Rick Graham 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Alnp:

Yes, looks like the crag.

Just see two climbers visible around 20sec. Heads turning
 PPP 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Alnp:

> Lesson learned - shout down before jumping. 8 years I have jumped there and never saw a climber so totally unexpected.

Just be nice and don't shout "falling!", followed by a loud scream. That would definitely make things worse!
Alnp 20 Aug 2016
In reply to 65m moderate millington:
Hi Oliver

Please pass on my sincere apologies to Naomi. The unexpected surprise could've caused you guys a problem and I'm not keen on that.

Don't know if you realise but I got a bad opening (1st jumper) as I turned 90£ to my left facing the side. I dug it out though.

By the way I just missed a massive manky puddle. If it makes her feel any better I did get swarmed with Midges
Post edited at 13:58
Alnp 20 Aug 2016
In reply to PPP:

No problem
 neighyomee 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Alnp:
Hi Alan

Thank you for the apology, much appreciated! I now know what the unfurling of a parachute sounds like so it'll be less of a shock if it ever happens again! I wasn't actually climbing at the time anyway so no harm done!

Cheers again!
Naomi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...