UKC

Mongolia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HoffiDringo 20 Aug 2016

Hiya,

Recently i have been reading about the climbing in Mongolia, and wondered where i could get more info on this?

Also what type of rock type is in Terelj National park? I can't find much info on this.

Asking more out of curiosity, have no planned trip or anything, but it looked really cool and may head out at some point.

Many Thanks
Cerith
Post edited at 20:16
 spenser 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Cerith:

Google Images would suggest granite, it looks good too!
http://www.climbonmongolia.com/?p=63
There's a guide on there too, looks interesting if I'm ever over that way!
 beckycoles 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Cerith:

Yes it's granite. I was there last month - not rock climbing, preparing to go west to mountaineer. Remember your mozzie spray! Tim Emmett climbed out there and put some routes up.
 GHawksworth 21 Aug 2016
In reply to Cerith:

I'd go with you!!
OP HoffiDringo 21 Aug 2016
In reply to GHawksworth:

Will keep you posted should any plan ever materialize

Literally just saw some cools pics of a rock that looks like a turtle and got curious.

OP HoffiDringo 21 Aug 2016
In reply to Cerith:

Also thanks Becky and Spenser for the info
juliathomas1 22 Aug 2016
In reply to Cerith:
I heard about mongolia, its wonderful place but yes i have never visited there. Mongolia is very cool place. Some of my friends visited there last month they were telling me about that place. It sounds really interesting. You should visited there.
 john arran 22 Aug 2016
In reply to juliathomas1:

Hello 'Julia'. So nice to have you around on this forum. I feel sure you're going to make a real and valuable contribution once you've made just one or two more meaningless introductory posts.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...