UKC

Glen Coe & Ben Nevis mid September

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chaotic_chris 22 Aug 2016
Hello, I have a week off mid September and am thinking of Glen Coe & Ben Nevis for climbing and scrambling. Any view of the what the weather might be like, beyond 'unpredictable'

Thanks, Chris

coinneach 22 Aug 2016
In reply to chaotic_chris:

mostly unpredictable
 buzby 22 Aug 2016

you kind of answered your own question, its anybody's guess but the last couple of years have had better weather at the beginning and end of summer so you might get lucky.
At the moment up here there are rarely two days the same in a row swinging from warm and sunny to cold and wet.
 alan moore 22 Aug 2016

There's usually a couple of nice days in September.
 planetmarshall 22 Aug 2016

> Any view of the what the weather might be like, beyond 'unpredictable'

There will be sunny spells, scattered showers and the temperature will be about average for the time of year.

Joak 22 Aug 2016

Despite days getting shorter and a wee bit cooler, Scotland's fickle weather can be surprisingly good during September. The show stopping Autumnal gales are usually a few weeks away. Whilst climbing on dry, warm, sun kissed rock being a wee bit rarer, I'd be optimistic for getting at least a couple of dry days for getting some quality scrambling / mountaineering type routes under your belt during a week around Glen Coe and Ben Nevis at that time of the year. Alternatively it could pish doon and blaw a hoolie aw week....roll the dice and hope for light easterly winds.
OP chaotic_chris 23 Aug 2016
In reply to Joak:

Thanks all - gives me a bit more to go on. Might just book last minute. Cheers, Chris
 drunken monkey 23 Aug 2016
In reply to alan moore:

I believe said nice days in sept are due to fall on a Tues this year

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...