UKC

Editing software advice please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Puppythedog 25 Aug 2016
Hello lovely people.
I have a Canon 700D which my sister gave me (lucky me).
I also have a Macbook pro running el capitan.
I plug my camera in and photo starts and offers me the chance to download the photos, the camera does not show up in finder.

What i want to be able to do is download the photos to my computer and play around with some sort of editing process. I know absolutely nothing about what I am doing but I think I would like to be able to keep 'photo' out of it if I can.

I don't want to spend much money, I don't get much chance to do any of this sort of stuff but that said I would like to have a go.

Any advice please? What software can I download? I went to Canon website having been told they offer free software but seemingly not if you have EOS 700D and a Mac.
 Mike-W-99 25 Aug 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

I always just plug the sd card into the macbook rather than relying on the camera. DOnt have a 700d but i'd be surprised if this didnt work.
 Dan Arkle 25 Aug 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

Canon's Digital Photo Professional is what you need, I've just had a look for you and it will be compatible.
Just download the version for El Capitan
 Pete Dangerous 25 Aug 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

You could try the Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop apps for free for one month. They're the best I've used. It's £9.99 a month after that if you really get into it. Lightroom is really easy to use
 spenser 25 Aug 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

I use Raw Therapee (so far only on Windows, probably going to end up running it on Linux once I get to go home for a decent period of time and have access to my desktop PC), the software is quite easy to use and very well documented when you don't understand something.
OP Puppythedog 26 Aug 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

Thanks very much. I have downloaded the cannon software. Just need to learn how to use it now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...