UKC

UK Road Trip, places of interest?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
0Unknown0 25 Aug 2016
So after my thread about an A/I vacation anywhere in the UK we ended up going to Rhodes and enjoying the extreme heat for a couple of weeks. My daughter played constantly in the pool and I got the lying around doing as little as possible vacation I was after.
And so now we're back, been back a week. I'm not working over the school hols and we still have a couple of weeks left before they go back. SO, we're going to do a road trip of interesting sights and activities. We have the entire Isle at our disposal.
So what is there to do that a child of 7 will find interesting. Remember we have only been in the country fr about 18 months and so don't presume I will know of an new developments or interesting activities or venues.
When I was back in the UK some years ago I remember there was a guy in the Lakes trying to put up the longest zip line in the country, did that ever happen?
I'd like to know of some interesting caves where is kid friendly and do tours for novices.
Things like that, am open to anything that will get us active and smiling.

I think the best thing to ask is what was the best activity you did with your kids and where did you stay.
 Dax H 25 Aug 2016
In reply to Dominicandave:

I don't have kids but we take our niece all over the place.
South lakes zoo.
Doncaster animal Park.
North Wales is full of castles, mines, big zip line, beaches and beautiful locations.
 spenser 25 Aug 2016

Dan yr Ogof caves in the Brecon beacons come to mind, national space centre in Leicester (I may have been a bit older than 7 when I went, can't really remember), Leeds Armouries, National Railway Museum in York are all options.
 wintertree 25 Aug 2016

Air museum at Duxford and the nearby stanstead Mountfitchet castle. Recreated wooden motte and Bailey jobbie, used to have an animatronic torture chamber, kids love it. Press this button for The Rack...
 Pete Pozman 25 Aug 2016

Take 'em for a weasel/squirrel round Brimham Rocks. Fossil hunting along the beach at Robin Hood's Bay. Trying to think of easily accessible things that don't cost. Swimming in the sea at Filey; really safe.
 marsbar 25 Aug 2016

In no particular order

Falkirk wheel

Electric brae

Beatrix Potters house

Dolls houses at Nunnington Hall

Giants causeway (part in Scotland part Ireland)

felt 25 Aug 2016

> When I was back in the UK some years ago I remember there was a guy in the Lakes trying to put up the longest zip line in the country, did that ever happen?

Nope.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...