UKC

Bank Holiday.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 26 Aug 2016
So, whats everyone up to?
 Trangia 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

Hoping to take a hot air balloon ride if the wind is not too strong.
 GrahamD 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

Boringly predictable: Pembroke.
 JIMBO 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

Mostly high on drugs whilst recovering in bed with a now freshly fixed ACL... (again!)
 Owen W-G 26 Aug 2016
In reply to GrahamD:

Last time I was in Pembroke on August Bank Hol w/e: no chance of getting food in St G Inn after 7.00pm, 2 team queues on Bloody Sunday and 20 people queues for loos at St Petrox at 8am.
 timjones 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

> So, whats everyone up to?

Being thankful that I'm working rather than joining the mad rush to do stuff because there is an extra day on the end of the weekend
 GrahamD 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Owen W-G:

Sounds about right. Annual club pilgrimige though. Staying N Pembroke this year so at least its a change of pub not be able to get food in
 guy127917 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

Welsh slate for me, hoping to get my first 7a tick.
 La benya 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

I'm going to avoid the crowds this year, so we're heading to Scafall Pike...
speaking of which, anybody have an recommendations for a campsite close by that will have space for a rock-up-and-see late on Saturday evening (NOT chapel house farm.... don't ask)
 gribble 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

I forgot, and made appointments at work. Hey ho. Still, tis but another Monday.
 Jim Hamilton 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Owen W-G:

> Last time I was in Pembroke on August Bank Hol w/e: no chance of getting food in St G Inn after 7.00pm

they were not taking card payments recently so anyone calling in might want to take some extra cash
 SenzuBean 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

Saturday at home (I haven't been home on a Saturday for over 2 months I think), then Sunday out to FCQ or so (hopefully do Withy Crack and some others), and Monday - who knows. Hopefully more climbing.
 Calvi 26 Aug 2016
In reply to La benya:

NT Campsite in Great Langdale
In reply to Indy:

Driving down to Font tomorrow at 4.00am. Got a very nice gite booked with wifi and all mod cons. 10 minute walk into the Trois Pignon boulders. First trip there since about '85. Prepared to be sandbagged and spanked but don't care, 7 days of wall to wall quality bouldering. Just set my work email auto responder to 'do not disturb' and heading over to Robin Hoods Stride now for a last blast on grit before we go.....
 The New NickB 26 Aug 2016
In reply to Indy:

Off out on my bike in the morning, with a group of friends that I'm cycling to Paris with in October. A longish run in the hills on Sunday morning.

Nothing else planned and glad of that. I've had a couple of stressful weeks at work and feel pretty fried, so it will be nice just to relax a little.
 Trangia 29 Aug 2016
In reply to Trangia:

> Hoping to take a hot air balloon ride if the wind is not too strong.

Did it! Fantastic experience, but very bumpy landing . Absolute silence when the burners were off, although we could hear dogs barking and music from a campsite 3000 ft below us. Great views all over Kent from the Shard in London to the Channel and even France in the distance.

I can understand why people get hooked, but it's an expensive sport.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...