UKC

Jason Bourne

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil1919 28 Aug 2016
How good is the latest Bourne film out of 10? Thanks.
In reply to Phil1919:

Compared to the original trilogy of books, 2/10

Compared to the first 3 films, 4/10

Compared to the other, non Mat Damon film, 6/10

Pretty thin plot.

In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

I've not read the books, but I agree with the comparison to the films. It was basically the same as Ultimatum only with less plot - it adds very little to the series overall. Decent enough action scenes I suppose though (even if all the wanton destruction and violence does seem to be completely at odds with the idea that Bourne is trying to get over his violent past), so it depends what you're looking for.
0Unknown0 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

I saw it the other day and have to think really hard to recall the plot. He finds out about his dad, and himself, has lots of fights and meets the jewel thief from Oceans 12, who is a bit of a ninja. Is that the right one? They are now all so similar now I have trouble defining.
If you are a Bourne fan then probably worth a watch online, eventually, but if I was going to the cinema then there is better stuff on.
In reply to Phil1919:

I saw this the other week. It's a series of gunfights and car chases with occasional (very occasional) outbreaks of plot. Like the others it was low-maintenance entertainment that I'd forgotten completely within about ten minutes (I had to look up what I'd said about it before typing that second sentence).

T.
So disappointing I walked out after the first hour, the first time in over forty years of independent film-going.

OP Phil1919 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

Thanks all. Saved a trip out and £7.

Apparently the newly opened cinema in Bristol, Whiteladies Road, is £16. I think I'd need a film to be at least 8 out of 10 for that price.
 alan moore 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

It was a it like being slapped in the face by six car crashes in a row. If you like that sort of thing.
0Unknown0 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

I'd like to recommend 'Eye in the sky'. Probably the best movie I have seen in many years. That is worth the trip out and the money.
OP Phil1919 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Dominicandave:

Thanks. Will look out for it. My wife wants to see Swallows and Amazons as Jason Bourne is now out.........
0Unknown0 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

Imperium is also a great movie. Daniel Radcliffe is very good.
 patrick_b 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

Some of the replies seem to me to be a little harsh..

Ok, so it does go from one set piece to the next, and the plot is a little thin on the ground, but you don't go to a Bourne film for the complex politicial machinations and quiet moments of contemplation do you? You go for Matt Damon hitting people in the face with rolled-up newspapers.

Maybe a 6 or 7/10. Similar to Supremacy and Ultimatum, but that's no bad thing. Nice to have Julia Stiles back too.
OP Phil1919 28 Aug 2016
In reply to patrick_b:

Ok, thanks.
Lusk 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Ghastlyrabbitfat:

> So disappointing I walked out after the first hour, the first time in over forty years of independent film-going.

That's a shame, the second half is fantastic.
 Padraig 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Ghastlyrabbitfat:

" independent film-going"

I'm intrigued.... what is that?
e.g. Do you only go on your own?

cb294 29 Aug 2016
In reply to patrick_b:

+1 for Julia Stiles!

I liked the film. Who goes to see a Bourne film for its plot anyway.

CB
 Offwidth 29 Aug 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

Its a Bourne movie and although in my view it's marginally the worst so far it's well worth watching if you liked the previous movies. The critical panning seems to be that it is delivering a rather fixed format to the fans.... bonkers! its hardly Death Wish XVI !!
 Bulls Crack 04 Sep 2016
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

The next one is where he gets a bit cocky and careless: The Bourne Complacency
 althesin 04 Sep 2016
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Followed by a trip to his old home town, Bourneville.
 andyb211 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

Not to mention the one where he discovers god in "Bourne Again Christian"
 andyb211 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

Or helps lions in "Bourne Free"

I really need to get out more!!
Andy Gamisou 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

I'm holding out for the one where he becomes an IT nerd with a perchance for UNIX command line scripting - "The Bourne Shell".
 Bulls Crack 05 Sep 2016
In reply to althesin:

He then gets too sloppy in his work and faces: The Bourne Redundancy
 Bulls Crack 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Swiftly followed by the Bourne Despondency
 LastBoyScout 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Willi Crater:

> I'm holding out for the one where he becomes an IT nerd with a penchant for UNIX command line scripting - "The Bourne Shell".

With the sequel "Bash" - Bourne Again Shell...
 pebbles 06 Sep 2016
In reply to LastBoyScout:
Youre all so lowbrow. I'm waiting for the operatic version. GlyndeBourne.
Post edited at 08:34
 Offwidth 06 Sep 2016
In reply to pebbles:

Loving your work this could be the embryo of a theme, frogsbourne even?
 nufkin 06 Sep 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

After his shenanigans paralyse him we can watch the details of his coming-to-terms in Borne on the Fourth of July
Andy Gamisou 06 Sep 2016
In reply to LastBoyScout:
> With the sequel "Bash" - Bourne Again Shell...

Sounds ace! Could maybe introduce a dog called 'biff' into the plot.
Post edited at 15:33
 GravitySucks 06 Sep 2016
In reply to Willi Crater:

I hear that they are considering a musical travelogue in North America called 'Bourne in the USA'.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...