UKC

Is castleberg safer now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kipper12 28 Aug 2016
Hi

We have a few hours spare tomorrow and came across castleberg at settle. Descriptions from 2009 say it's a bit loose in parts. Is this still the case now. I'm aware that bits come off a lot,of places we climb.

tmawer 28 Aug 2016
In reply to kipper12:

I've done a fair bit there with no problems but, as with much limestone, it pays to be careful.
OP kipper12 28 Aug 2016
In reply to tmawer:

That's what a thought,thanks
 James Malloch 28 Aug 2016
In reply to kipper12:

I've found it okay in the past but take helmets. The far LHS is more chossy than the right, but I've had small bits come off on routes right across the crag.

It's a nice spot though and gets a fair bit of traffic. Just take care and if it's crap, drop down to one of the cafes instead.
 Emilio Bachini 28 Aug 2016
In reply to kipper12:
While there a couple of weeks ago the routes I climbed felt fine. From Off the Rails (6a+) over to Cave and Crag (7a)
Post edited at 12:35
OP kipper12 30 Aug 2016
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

We had a nice afternoon there yesterday. The odd woobly bit, as you might expect on limestone but otherwise fine.

I would like to say a polite thanks to all involved sponsoring the project and in putting the lines up, pleasant climbing in a pleasant venue and a selection of cakes and beer post climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...