UKC

Anyone any good at drawing? Fancy a project?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sleepy_trucker 28 Aug 2016
This is for a tattoo I've been meaning to have done for years and finally decided it's time to get it done but I'd like to see it before I even approach anyone to get it done.

What I'd like isn't very easy to describe - hence this request - but I'll do my best

It's a lizard, needs to look very lifelike so about the right size (about 3"-4" nose to tail) and maybe with scales even. I want it to look like it's actually on me / climbing me - I'm not quite decided where I'll have it yet though, possibly approaching my shoulder from my shoulder blade.

Now the complicated bit though, it's skin needs to look like it's naturally a union flag - so, presumably, the diagonals would go down it's legs with the horizontal running nose to tail and the vertical around it's middle. but I don't want it to look like a silhouette of a lizard cut from a flag, i'd like it to look like the flag IS it's skin and bends with it.

There's a story behind this; Years ago, I was shooting at international level with the British junior squad. I had a very close friend called Leah and we made a kind of pact to get this done (not exactly the same but the same idea) and I found out a few years ago that she'd had hers done, so it's only right that I keep my side.
Lusk 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:

Are you a gecko recruited by the BMC to promote 'Climb Britain'?

Tomtom 28 Aug 2016
Went to school wi this lass, she's pretty good at stuff like you've described.
https://www.instagram.com/minniemcgee/?hl=en
Shoot her an email maybe
Edit:
I'm aware most of her Instagram is her prancing about infront of a camera, but she can actually draw stuff. Ha!
Post edited at 12:43
 Glyno 28 Aug 2016

I'll monitor this thread and let you know if I hear of anyone
 aln 28 Aug 2016

> I found out a few years ago that she'd had hers done,

Have yours done by the same tattooist?

FactorXXX 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Tomtom:

Edit: I'm aware most of her Instagram is her prancing about infront of a camera, but she can actually draw stuff. Ha!

Don't worry, apology accepted...
In reply to aln:

Knowing her, it would've been a cartoon style thing but I see your point
In reply to Tomtom:

Cheers, I'll have a look this evening
 Dax H 28 Aug 2016

That sounds pretty good.
I would talk to a custom tattoo studio and have them design it personally.
What works as a picture doesn't necessarily work as a tattoo.
In reply to Dax H:

Makes sense, and I'd thought the same but I'm worried I won't be able to explain what I'm after well enough
 Dax H 28 Aug 2016

Any good artist will get what you want from the description you put in your op.
 RockAngel 28 Aug 2016

You want an artist who can do tattoo 3d style. Maybe look at tattoo conventions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...