UKC

Ferry FROM Kalymnos in November

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 teamvix 28 Aug 2016
Just booked a flight to Kalymnos for the beginning of October, flying to Kos, but I haven't yet booked a return flight. Will need to fly from Rhodes or Athens return at the beginning of November (the Kos routes finish in October) but...I can't seem to find any ferries that go to Rhodes or Piraeus in November.

Is it just too early for a ferry schedule to be released for November? Or is Kalymnos like the Hotel California?

I have already googled the s**t out of this and looked at UKC, so helpful suggestions welcome!
 veteye 28 Aug 2016
In reply to teamvix:

Don't know about those ferries,but I know in the past that we got stuck on Kos for 2-3 days as the ferries weren't running at all, so we couldn't get to Kalymnos.A somewhat wasted week.So beware the rough weather!
 icnoble 28 Aug 2016
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 28 Aug 2016
In reply to teamvix:

Fly Kos to Athens (3x a day I believe) then pick up an onward flight?

Chris
OP teamvix 28 Aug 2016
In reply to icnoble:

Yeah, checked that link. It says no ferries on that day (or any day in November). That's why I'm wondering whether the schedules aren't bookable yet?
OP teamvix 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs:
Chris: I don't mind flying home from Athens or Rhodes instead of Kos, but I can't see ferries to either of those places to get a flight!
Post edited at 22:57
 icnoble 28 Aug 2016
In reply to teamvix:

I am pretty sure the ferries run all year, it might be worth phoning the ferry company.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 29 Aug 2016
In reply to teamvix:

Did you read my reply? I suggested flying from Kos to Athens.

The ferries run all year - the schedules are usually published just before (or sometimes just after) the time period they cover,

Chris
 Simon Caldwell 30 Aug 2016
In reply to teamvix:

When we went in November one year we flow from Athens direct to Kalymnos and back.
 whenry 30 Aug 2016
In reply to teamvix:

I've flown back in November for the last few years - as Chris says, the ferry timetables to Kos won't be published until nearer the time. There's normally 3-5 ferries per day.
OP teamvix 30 Aug 2016
In reply to whenry:

Thanks all. As I said, no problem with flights, just in need of a ferry to the flights! I'll check in September for November timetables. Didn't want to be stuck on Kalymnos all Winter, that would be...terrible!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 30 Aug 2016
In reply to teamvix:

> Thanks all. As I said, no problem with flights, just in need of a ferry to the flights! I'll check in September for November timetables. Didn't want to be stuck on Kalymnos all Winter, that would be...terrible!

It has already been said, more than once, it is likely that the November timetables wont be released until late October - at the earliest.

Chris
 sopaz 14 Sep 2016
In reply to teamvix:

Sent you an email regarding this...

Anyone have insite as to what the Kalymnos to Athens ferry timetables might be after the 31st October?

Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...