UKC

Walking leggings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Kay1 03 Sep 2016
Question for the females in the group really, not being sexist! Does anyone know of any good walking leggings? I was thinking they would be comfy to walk in but can only find Base Layer or sports ones, which don't seem either thick or hard-wearing enough. Also have the problem of being tall so need long ones, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Kay1 03 Sep 2016
In reply to bouldery bits:

Thank you I will have a look at these, pretty reasonable price too
Wulfrunian 03 Sep 2016
In reply to Kay1:

Wife has some of these and swears by 'em:

https://tlcsport.co.uk/yogawear/yoga-wear-bottoms/legging-with-pockets-blac...

Well made
 John Rowlands 03 Sep 2016
In reply to Kay1:

As they are unisex, another vote for tracksters. I was given a tip of wearing tights underneath tracksters for walking in wet weather but not tried it.
 climbingpixie 03 Sep 2016
In reply to Kay1:
You could do worse than having a look at running leggings, they'll probably fit the bill. Ron Hill tracksters seem to be an incredibly unflattering cut but I recently bought a pair of really nice Ron Hill leggings in a sale at Pete Bland's that are perfect for running or walking (or climbing probably).

P.S. not that there's anything wrong with an unflattering cut obviously, I just prefer a snugger next to skin fit.
Post edited at 12:47
In reply to Kay1:

Powerstretch (currently by Rab I think). Excellent 3 season wear (a little warm for proper summer). Sleek (no flapping), durable, flexible, breathable, warm, wind resistant, supportive & also good for layering in real cold (+fleece leggings & waterproofs = toasty winter warmth). (One of the) best things I bought for my wife!
 petenebo 03 Sep 2016
In reply to John Rowlands:

Go on...you know you want to.
ultrabumbly 03 Sep 2016
In reply to Kay1:

A friend has the men's version of these https://www.alpkit.com/products/koulin-trail-tights-womens. They seem to be great VFM

He is fairly lanky and they don't seem to be half mast. I'm sure if you drop them an email or use the chat tool during office hours they will tell you the inside leg measurement for the women's sizes.

One thing about leggings is most are usually not very "jaggy proof". As long as you aren't too nesh about pokey vegetation it isn't a problem. These I would guess might be nettle proof but a substantial thistle or pokey reed will get through to skin.
 girlymonkey 03 Sep 2016
In reply to Kay1:

Not because of any technical properties, but just because I think they are amazing, you should go for these!
http://m.dhgate.com/product/fashion-leggings-pants-muscle-printed-leopard/2...
Kay1 03 Sep 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

Haha I think they might be a bit scary but they are pretty good
 IanMcC 03 Sep 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

I look forward to seeing them at The Peak!
 spearing05 03 Sep 2016
In reply to Kay1:

I use montane trail leggings and love them, just checked, looks like there are women's versions too.
 lordyosch 07 Sep 2016
In reply to Kay1:

I've had a pair of Lowe Alpine Powerstretch leggings for years. super comfy, used all year long ( with long johns underneath for winter)

Now mainly used when I cycle

Jay

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...