UKC

Shots of Stetind South Pillar and Kugelhorn East Ridge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 05 Sep 2016
I'm looking for good quality crag shots (for a topo) of the South Ridge of Stetind (including the approach) (Sydpilaren (n6-)) and the East Ridge of the Kugelhorn (Østkammen (n5-)).

If anyone thinks they might have something usable please get in touch,

Cheers

Chris
 Andy Nisbet 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs:

I can send you one of the East Ridge of the Kugelhorn, although not taken for a topo, but might just do. I'll message you for your e-mail address.
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Cheers for that Andy - perfect!

Chris
 d_b 05 Sep 2016
Got a few taken on the Stetind approach. Not so many of the ridge itself though as a melty cornice prevented us from really getting established.

The article I wrote last year shows the rough range of vantage points but there are more pics in between. I'll have a proper look when I get home.

I also have some pics of kugelhorn and other local hills.
Post edited at 16:15
In reply to davidbeynon:

Cheers for that, I would be interested in seeing whatever you have.

Can you point me at the article?

Cheers

Chris
 d_b 05 Sep 2016

I did put a link in my post but it has been eaten!

http://www.avon-mc.org.uk/2015/10/grim-north/

The basic problem we had on the trip was too much soft snow, which really limited the higher stuff.
 alexm198 05 Sep 2016

Interesting, is this for inclusion in the new Lofoten guide?

I have some shots of stetind that might be of use - will try and get them over to you in the next few days.
In reply to alexm198:

> Interesting, is this for inclusion in the new Lofoten guide?

Yes, there are loads of great routes around Stetind/Tysfjord but less than a dozen see much in the way of traffic. There is no current guidebook, so we thought people trekking all that way might appreciate a taster of the best in the area,

Chris
 Dave 05 Sep 2016

I have some of both, the Kugelhorn ones are better than Stetind but you are welcome to take a look.
Dave
In reply to all:
Cheers for the interest guys, I have had some very useful stuff arrive, looks very promising,

Chris
Post edited at 21:28
 d_b 05 Sep 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:
Stetind approach pics probably aren't useful as it's under snow from about 800m. Got some good shots of the Stetind S face and some distant shots of kugelhornet and another one with routes on which I think is Kobbinestinden, but not 100% sure as someone has borrowed my book.

Also a couple of pics of hammeroyskaftet.

I have put them here: http://www.spectral3d.co.uk/misc/narvik.zip

In most cases I have a couple of others from similar but slightly different vantage points, differently exposed. I also have raws for all of these.

I also have the full res frames for about 18 hours of time lapse of stetind if you want different light. You can find a link to the slightly cleaned raw footage in the virtualdub thread. Jpegs only, but decent quality.
Post edited at 21:34
 Robert Durran 05 Sep 2016

I have a photo looking up the Ostkammen that might be of use. Where should I send it?
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 06 Sep 2016
In reply to Robert Durran:

I have sent you a message,

Chris
 Mark Kemball 06 Sep 2016

I've a few shots of Stetind on my facebook page (Norway and Sweden 2016 album) if any of those are any use, contact me and I'll send you high resversions.
 Robert Durran 06 Sep 2016

> There is no current guidebook

So is the Devil's Dancefloor book out of print? If so, would anyone like to buy mine for £500. I could bundle it with my Lofoten Rockfax at the discounted price of £800. Plus postage.

d_b 06 Sep 2016
I'll undercut you and sell mine for £499 and £799.

Postage is slightly more expensive.
Post edited at 12:07
 HeMa 06 Sep 2016

> So is the Devil's Dancefloor book out of print?

No it's not... http://topptur.nu/books.asp?pid=3&language=1

Which is why I was surprised of the comment that no guidebook exists / is available.
In reply to HeMa:

> Which is why I was surprised of the comment that no guidebook exists / is available.

Cheers for that, I was told it was out of print,

Chris
In reply to Mark Kemball:

> I've a few shots of Stetind on my facebook page (Norway and Sweden 2016 album) if any of those are any use, contact me and I'll send you high resversions.

Hi Mark,
I can't see that album on your FB page - I have sent you a friend request in case that makes a difference.

Cheers for the interest,

Chris
 Mark Kemball 06 Sep 2016

Should be sorted now, is Stetind going to be in with Lofoten for the new guide?
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 07 Sep 2016
In reply to Mark Kemball:

> Should be sorted now, is Stetind going to be in with Lofoten for the new guide?

As I said up the thread, we are thinking of adding a small selection, of just the popular routes. I though the Stetind guide was out of print but apparently not.

I'll have a look at your photos.

Cheers,

Chris
 TobyA 07 Sep 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs: you can use my brilliant hand drawn access diagram for Setind if you like! Actually, a number of people seem to have done so successfully considering my very limited artistic skills.
In reply to TobyA:

> you can use my brilliant hand drawn access diagram for Setind if you like! Actually, a number of people seem to have done so successfully considering my very limited artistic skills.

I would like to see that, I will message you direct,

Chris
 TobyA 07 Sep 2016
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks for that. Klubbruta is on the list for inclusion.

It is Thorbørn who is especially keen on getting these routes in, and as he is from Narvik, he is 'local' - I believe he has been climbing these routes for donkey's years,

Chris
 Robert Durran 07 Sep 2016

> Thanks for that. Klubbruta is on the list for inclusion.

Are you also including Engelsdiederet? A brilliant route. Either route followed by the traverse of the mountain is a fantastic day out. I have some nice photos if you like.

I have a nice shot of the N. Face of Eidetind too if you are including anything there. Didn't get on it unfortunately!

> Are you also including Engelsdiederet? A brilliant route. Either route followed by the traverse of the mountain is a fantastic day out. I have some nice photos if you like.

> I have a nice shot of the N. Face of Eidetind too if you are including anything there. Didn't get on it unfortunately!

Yes, that ( Engelsdiederet) is going in too. Thorbjørn is keen on including the small number of routes that see the vast majority of ascents in the area. Any shots can be sent to me (Chris) at Rockfax (dot) com.

Cheers

Chris
 d_b 08 Sep 2016

I have sent you a mail, but my email has been a bit flaky recently so let me know if it doesn't turn up.
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 08 Sep 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Hi David,
Yes I got all of those - thanks very much

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...