UKC

WC Superlight Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 clipskipper 05 Sep 2016
Hi folks,

does anyone know of anywhere that has the smaller sizes of these available? I have sizes 2-6, and find them great, but I'm missing size 4.

Cheers

Lee
 EddInaBox 05 Sep 2016
In reply to clipskipper:

There haven't been any size four Superlights available for some time, they haven't been made because the tooling to do so got destroyed.
Swampi 05 Sep 2016
In reply to clipskipper:

Looks like the machine has been fixed and they're coming out again next year:

http://www.wildcountry.com/en/superlight-rocks-2

Great news as they're amazing bits of kit!
OP clipskipper 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Swampi:

That's good news - thanks .

Would you believe I had two of these and dropped them both off the racking krab on the same route. Was a mountain route so there was no going back down to try and find them.
I'd only just bought them, and went back to the shop that evening to discover I'd had the last two

CurlyStevo 05 Sep 2016
In reply to clipskipper:
Hey

I used to use them but I've switched over to DMM offsets as I think they are not only a bit better in irregular placements but the I think the minimal weight saving of the Superlights wasn't worth it for the decreased strength.

You could always try replacing one of your missing sizes with DMM offsets to see what you think of them.
Post edited at 15:42
OP clipskipper 05 Sep 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:
Hey Steve. How's it going?

I'll take a look at the DMM's next time I'm in a decent store, or maybe just buy the corresponding nut

Lee

PS. Looking around, I can't see DMM Offsets below size 5, so I'm not sure there is an equivalent. Though the brass offsets might fit the bill
Post edited at 16:22
 CurlyStevo 05 Sep 2016
In reply to clipskipper:

Yeah things not bad thanks dude. I'll have a look to see if I've got a spare super light it is possible.

For now I'll keep hold of my set though as I may still use them when tiny weight saving really is an issue (rarely in the UK IMO)

EddInaBox 05 Sep 2016
In reply to clipskipper:

> PS. Looking around, I can't see DMM Offsets below size 5, so I'm not sure there is an equivalent. Though the brass offsets might fit the bill

Alloy Offsets are numbered 7-11, but are roughly equivalent to Wallnuts 4-8 and coloured the same, the smallest is the gold one and it is noticeably bigger than the gold Superlight, so a Brass Offset may well be a good bet. Comparing the gold Superlight to my largest I.M.P. (number 4) it's just a tiny bit bigger, so an I.M.P. 5 may be quite close.
In reply to clipskipper:

I've got a superlight rock 4 you can buy for £11 posted. Good condition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...